Why buy a hundred-calorie pack of cookies when you could have 100 calories worth of something more filling and fresh? The key to sticking to your health goals is knowing your portions and your limits—but finding a hundred-calorie snack doesn’t need to be limiting! Once you know what 100 calories of a nutritious snack really looks like, portion control won’t seem so hard after all—100 calories can go a long way. After the jump, find your new favorite hundred-calorie snack!
1. Greek Yogurt (sprinkled with cinnamon): 3/4 of a cup. Most applauded for probiotics, Greek yogurt can help with digestion while also giving a great dose of filling protein.
2. Hard Boiled Eggs: 1 and 1/2 eggs. Eggs are one of the most nutritionally dense foods available—it packs a punch when you’re in need of protein.
3. Avocados: 1/2 of an avocado. Full of heart-healthy fats, fiber, and potassium, a half an avocado is incredibly versatile–throw it on a salad, in a sandwich, or eat it doused in hot sauce like we do.
4. Bell Peppers: 4 medium peppers. Super low in calories and full of vitamins, bell peppers are the perfect snack to crunch away on. Use them as a scoop for salsa and fresh dips.
5. Bananas: One small-medium banana, about 7 inches long. Packed with potassium, a banana is the perfect pick-me-up.
6. Almond Butter: 1 tablespoon. This spoonful of goodness will give you a dose of fiber and good fat, and disguise itself as a sweet treat. Check out our clean version (Just almonds and salt!)—it’s a crowd fave.
7. Pepper Jack Cheese: 1 ounce, or about 3 small cubes. The serving is about the size of matchbox. We’re always in the mood for cheese.
8. Sweet Potato: 1 medium sweet potato. Filling, sweet, rich in vitamins, and full of fiber? This is the perfect snack for when hunger strikes hard. Try Greek yogurt as a topping.
9. Pistachios: 18 grams, which is approximately 27-30 shelled nuts. Pistachios are a perfect go-to for crunchy cravings and will help keep you feeling satisfied longer.