Good things come in small packages, right?
Recently, our bakery department launched a new mini dessert category, featuring bite-sized versions of some of our favorite sugary treats—brownies, cookies, macaroons, banana bread…
The mini sizes are great in lunch boxes, as an after-school treat, or as a moderate way to have a sweet fix after dinner without going overboard.
They also make party planning easy—get a pack of blondies, some double chocolate chunk cookies and assorted macaroons and make your own little party platter. (We also have our own mini platter coming soon—for the nights when you don’t have time to do it yourself.)
If you’re entertaining kids or a crowd with a sweet tooth, here are 3 fun mini dessert ideas:
1. Create sundaes:
- Layer two mini brownies, a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream, and fresh blueberries as a topping. (I love mixing chocolate flavors and fresh fruit!)
- Layer two blondies, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and crushed graham cracker or caramel sauce as a topping.
- Over a scoop of ice cream, crumble a mini double chocolate chip cookie and add melted peanut butter.
2. Make mini cookie sandwiches:
- Whip up some fresh whipped cream and sandwich in the middle of two mini chocolate chip cookies.
- The oatmeal cookies would go great with a marshmallow center; or create a makeshift mini whoopie pie by stuffing with cream cheese frosting.
3. Dip into Chocolate Fondue:
- Melt some dark chocolate over the stove, cut your mini banana bread into chunks, and dip in the chocolate for easy fondue.
Get as creative as you’d like! Or just enjoy the big flavors without a lot of fuss—and with a big glass of cold milk.