If you’ve been looking for a game-changing weeknight pasta dinner that’s totally delicious without being too ambitious, then say hello to your new go-to recipe. From preppin’ to noshin’ takes just 30 minutes, and it’s guaranteed to have the whole family saying, “Pass the pasta!” Get the recipe after the click.
Total Recipe Time: 30 mins
What You’ll Need:
1 box Barilla penne
3 cups frying oil
1 eggplant, peeled and diced
1 cup flour, for dredging
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, julienned
1 pound ground beef
1 jar Barilla tomato and basil sauce
¼ cup ricotta salata cheese, shredded salt and black pepper
What to Do:
1. Heat frying oil in a large skillet until hot; add dredged eggplant in batches and fry until golden brown. Lay them out on a pan with paper towels to drain.
2. Sauté onion in olive oil in a large skillet for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Add ground beef and brown well. Add Barilla sauce and 1 cup water and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil; season with salt. Cook pasta according to directions.
4. Once sauce has come to a simmer, add eggplant and cook for one additional minute.
5. Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
6. Top with shredded ricotta salata and enjoy!
Tip: To switch things up, try cooking this dish with a leaner meat, like venison or bison.