Putting together a quick salad is easy with Earthbound salad blends. I usually place a couple of containers in my order (especially when they’re on sale!).
So when our friends over at Earthbound Farm suggested that I can make meals beyond my basic salad, I was intrigued. Here are three recipes that are just as easy to make:
Power Greens Pizza with Goat Cheese
1 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust
1/2 cup Organic low-sodium tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Power Greens
1 1/2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
1. Preheat the oven according to the pizza crust manufacturer’s directions.
2. Spread sauce evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle pizza with mozzarella cheese.
3. Top with Power Greens (or whichever greens you choose) and crumbled goat cheese. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, 12-15 minutes.
4. While the pizza bakes, toss the rest of the hearty Earthbound Farm Organic greens together with your favorite ingredients to make a salad. Slice and serve the pizza with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Roasted Winter Squash and Baby Kale Salad
1 1/2 pounds winter squash (peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon honey
4 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Kale
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/3 cup Sicilian Vinaigrette
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 oz)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts or pecans
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
2. Toss the cubes of squash with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the squash to the prepared pan and arrange in a single layer so the pieces don’t touch. Roast for 10 minutes, then turn the squash pieces and continue baking until the squash is tender and slightly caramelized. Drizzle with the honey and let cool.
3. Place the baby kale, half of the parsley and half of the mint in a large bowl. Add some of the Sicilian Vinaigrette, tossing to coat the greens.
4. Transfer the greens to a large platter or shallow bowl. Sprinkle the squash, feta, cranberries, nuts and the remaining herbs over the greens. Drizzle with more of the dressing to taste and serve immediately.
All recipes courtesy of EBfarm.com. For more information on Earthbound recipes, go to: www.ebfarm.com/recipes/browse