For day two of our groundbreaking cheese cleanse, we partnered with one of our favorite cheesemakers, Vermont Creamery, to bring you a day diet of nothing but Bonne Bouche. For more information on day two, and to find out if the cheese cleanse is right for you, read more:
There’s no better way to kick off the spring season than with a rejuvenating cleanse. But does the thought of subsisting on bean sprouts and protein shakes leave you less than enthused? Never fear: You don’t have to follow complicated recipes with vegetables you’ve never heard of, or down gallons of lemon water or green juice to experience the invigorating benefits of a full-body detox. Forget self-deprivation. With our special cheese cleanse, you’ll renew your body and mind with bite after bite of pure decadence.
• Bonne Bouche is French. French women are beautiful. Ergo, Bonne Bouche will make you feel beautiful. That’s just science, folks.
• The cheese cleanse is the only cleanse that delivers your daily recommended value of calcium.
• It’s gluten free.
• Unlike some cleanses that can make socializing or dining out difficult, the cheese cleanse is meant to be enjoyed with others. Most restaurants will have a cheese plate available to meet your dietary needs.
How to Eat Bonne Bouche:
Bonne Bouche is Vermont Creamery’s signature geotrichum-rinded aged goat cheese. It literally means “good mouthful.” But it also can be a verb, loosely translated as “to devour the moment.” Think of it as a form of active meditation.
• Slice into wedges and for best results serve with a bottle of champagne.
• Share with a friend, but not too much – the more wrinkles you eat the better!
To get the full benefits of a Bonne Bouche cleanse, we recommend Bonne Bouche-ing in your “happy place,” or wherever you can give each delectable bite your undivided attention. You might try “Bonne Bouche-ing in the bath” — light a candle, turn on your favorite instrumental music, and enjoy every sensuous morsel. Or “Bonne Bouche in bed” with a glass of red wine and your favorite romantic novel. Some people even like to Bonne Bouche in their car.
Not only are wrinkles sexy, they’re also delicious. Although perfectly yummy alone, Bonne Bouche may also be enjoyed with other wrinkly treats. Think dried apricots and apples, scrumptious prunes, wrinkled-black olives, and Chinese wrinkled green beans.
Useful Tips and Tricks:
1. Although you may very well be tempted to eat the whole thing at once, practice the art of patience with one delicious mouthful at a time.
2. Oxygen is cleansing. Breathe deeply before, during, and after Bonne Bouche-ing.
3. The smooth, creamy texture of Bonne Bouche makes it an excellent facemask. While soaking in the tub and enjoying your daily ration of Bonne Bouche, consider spreading a thin layer of the restorative cheese on your face and neck. Then sit back and relax as the wrinkles melt away…
4. Feeling a food coma post-consumption is normal. Naps are recommended.
How You Should be Feeling:
Satiated. Spontaneous. (Maybe a little bloated.)
*Some More Science:
• Rich in protein and fat, the cheese cleanse will stabilize blood sugar levels to help avoid spikes in mood or energy levels.
• The protein and fats found in Bonne Bouche support healthy skin and shiny, luxurious hair.
• Eating Bonne Bouche will give you a blissful feeling of content and self-worth.
Note: Always consult your doctor before starting a cheese cleanse.
*Not actual science.