Our annual Lobster Party is back, and we’re inviting you to throw a bash that’s sure to end with your guests giving you a rapturous round of a-claws. Read more for tips and hints on how to throw an epic lobster bash, plus watch two music videos featuring our lobster mascot Pinchy.
We’re making summer entertaining easy by delivering the freshest live lobsters right to your door. Our seafood experts have sourced the best-tasting lobster from our partners Homarus in Maine at the lowest cost of the season so you can butter up your seafoodie friends and family. Here are some tips to get your guests out of their shells at your next lobster boil:
- Remember The B-52’s “Rock Lobster”? A decent seafood-themed playlist to get your guests in the mood is crucial. How about Otis Redding’s “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay” or The Beach Boys’ “Catch a Wave”?
- Come up with a theme—add some nautical flair or keep it simple with red and white checkered tablecloths. Don’t forget to invite Pinchy our lobster mascot (check out his rap video below!)
- Don’t be shellfish! Use the hashtag #FDLobsterParty so you and your friends can RSVP and share your pics. That way no one misses out on the fun!
- What could go better with lobster than a cool, refreshing beer to wash it all down? We recommend pairing the citrus acidity of wheat-based beers like hefeweizen or Belgian witbier to match the delicious flavors.
- If you’re looking for a sweet way to end the night, serve tart lemon squares or a gooey blueberry pie for dessert pairings that will have everyone digging right in.
Get everything you need to throw an awesome lobster party here.
Having trouble building your playlist? Here’s our newest jam from Pinchy and the Bottom4eeder Boys, a follow-up to his 2014’s debut.
And all started here. Check out our original lobster rap: