Our friend and esteemed food historian, Francine Segan, uses this new Italian treat to add zing to drinks.
Putting ice in drinks dilutes them, but adding ice-pops adds…well, pop! Lolly, whimsical lemon-shaped sorbetto-on-a-stick imported from Italy, add not just luscious flavor but its fun shape adds a festive touch to any cocktail or soft drink.
Introduced to the USA in July and available exclusively through FreshDirect, Lolly are hand-made with 100% organic Italian fruit and all-natural ingredients—no artificial colors or flavors, here! And, Lolly’s mouthwatering aroma of summer ripe fresh fruit is perfect for creating a myriad of drinks.
It’s cocktail time!
Just put Lolly into a glass and pour your alcohol of choice over it. No need to add ice, sugar, or muddling—the pop handles all that! Lolly comes in Sicilian Lemon, Blood Orange, Wild Berry, and Strawberry flavors, so be sure to keep a box of each on hand for an instant create-your-own cocktail bar.
Everyone can choose their own flavor and personalize their own cocktails, but especially delicious combinations are:
- Lolly Bellini: any Lolly topped with prosecco or champagne
- Spritz: white wine with sparkling water and Aperol served with Blood Orange Lolly
- Lolly Negroni: gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth. with Blood Orange Lolly
- Berry Gin Fizz: Wild Berry Lolly mixed with sparkling water and gin.
- Lolly Cosmo: cranberry juice, vodka, and Cointreau with Sicilian Lemon Lolly
- Lolly’gria: See recipe below for a new twist on sangria.
- Lolly Margarita: tequila and triple sec with Sicilian Lemon Lolly
- Gin and tonic with Blood Orange Lolly
They’re great in non-alcoholic drinks, too.
Lolly are not just for cocktails, but make great soft drinks. too. Add Lolly to fruit juice, sparkling water or your favorite soda. Delicious combinations include:
- Blood Orange or Sicilian Lemon Lolly in iced tea
- Sicilian Lemon Lolly in cola
- Blood Orange Lolly in ginger ale
- Berry Smoothie: Blend blueberries with sparkling water, yogurt, or milk and serve in a tall glass with a Lolly Wild Berry.
Instead of adding ice, garnish each glass of sangria with your favorite flavor Lolly. It adds not only a touch of organic fruit but just the right touch of sweetness.
What You’ll Need:
1 bottle red wine
3/4 cup brandy or cognac
1/2 cup orange or pomegranate juice
1 cup Galvanina organic lemon soda
2 fresh peaches, sliced
1 orange, thinly sliced
Galvanina Lolly, 1 per serving
What to Do:
Combine the wine, cognac, and juices in a glass pitcher. Stir then add the lemon soda and fruit.
Refrigerate and serve cold, with a Lolly in each glass.