In honor of Bastille Day, we’re shining the spotlight on our favorite offerings from France, the motherland of rosé. French rosé is as elegant in style as its pale salmon-pink hue. The crème de la crème hail from the coastal region of Provence in the south east where the wines are lush and complex in flavor while maintaining a zesty freshness. To the west in the Languedoc region, the rosés are refreshing and cheerful and offer a great value.
Here are five of our French favorites we invite you to explore:
- We love this great value item from Provence for many reasons. Instantané is the French word for instantaneous; an apt name for a wine that will rapidly transport you to a more relaxing place. A pink-colored wine based from Granache and Cabernet grapes, the nose hits you with red fruit (strawberry and cherry) and subtle candy aromas. It’s crisp on the attack, showcasing raspberry and redcurrant flavors leading into a finish with hints of citrus and pomelo.
- New and exclusive to FreshDirect, Pinkscape rosé is made from grapes grown on the sun-kissed, breezy slopes of the Côtes de Provence. This alluring label references the backdrop of the Mediterranean Sea in the distance. Expressive of Provençal flavors including fresh wild strawberry, cranberry, and a touch of herbs and spice, this wine is an indulgent vacation for your senses.
- The latest innovation from the South of France, Pulse! is a French rosé wine flavored with natural grapefruit and peach aromas, and a reduced alcohol content (8.5%). The pale pink hue is reminiscent of Provence rosé. The combination of the pomelo’s vivacity and the wine’s crispness gives a feeling of freshness and refinement. On the palate, there is an explosion of fruit flavors with an elegant touch of sweetness.
- Exclusive to FreshDirect and from Southern France, Le Bon Goût Dry Rosé is a refreshing blend of classic Mediterranean rosé grapes: Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah, and Rolle. This wine gives you everything you could want from a rosé from the South of France: aromatic notes of red berries and flowers with ripe strawberry, white peach flavors, and zesty citrus notes. Pair it with salads or seafood.
- Refreshing. Fruity. Crisp. What more could you ask for from a rosé? This dry rosé from Languedoc in the South of France is made from grapes grown in sun-drenched vineyards just a few miles from the Mediterranean Sea. The fresh and vivid fruit flavors on the palate make Rosabelle the perfect aperitif wine or accompaniment to lighter summer fare.
Here are some more rosés we’re loving right now:
- Jon Bon Jovi, his son Jesse, and South of France winemaker Gerard Bertrand have teamed up to create this new ultimate summer sipper. They have sought to capture the spirit shared between the Hamptons and the South of France: enjoying life and a good bottle of wine shared with friends.
- New and exclusive to FreshDirect, this refreshing rosé is bursting with watermelon, cherry, and candied strawberry flavors. Made from Pinot Noir grapes grown in the cool-climate vineyards of California’s Monterey County, Damn Good is a fantastic addition to any rooftop, patio, or poolside party. Enjoy with the people and food you love.
- A tribute to Michel Chapoutier’s daughter Mathilda and the unofficial Australian national anthem ‘Waltzing Mathilda’, Chapoutier’s dry rosé is made from 100% Grenache and packs a refreshing citrus punch for a rosé from down under.
- Domaine du Verger’s rosé cider is produced from 100% apple juice and contains no added sugar. Most of the apples come from Brittany (the bitter-sweet varieties) with the remaining 10% coming from Normandy (bitter varieties). The unique pink color is natural—it comes from the use of specific red-fleshed variety of apple named Baya Marisa. The fermentation is cut short to leave a touch of sweetness in the cider. Enjoy as an aperitif or with salads and fresh fruit desserts.
- A refreshing new French rosé in a convenient, shiny package will be your beach beastie this season. A blend of 40% Grenache, 30% Syrah, and 30% Cinsault, Amble + Chase rosé is pale salmon pink in color and shows complex aromas of cherry blossom and white raspberry, giving way to notes of juicy peach and ripe red grapefruit on the palate.
- This deliciously portable upscale rosé in a box has an impeccable pedigree as one of the top Cinsault-based rosé wines from the Côtes de Provence. Originally created for the legendary Paris department store Galeries Lafayette, this light pink colored wine has a nose which combines red fruit and stone fruit aromas with a hint of citrus. Across the palate floral and apricot notes are apparent with a hint of minerality.
Shop our complete rosé selection on FreshDirect.
Please note wines and spirits all provided by our partner, FreshDirect Wines & Spirits.