Most of us agree that pasta is one of the most satisfying foods in the pantry. But why limit our pasta experiences to boiled bowls of noodles and baked trays of lasagna? Our good friend and food historian, Francine Segan, has introduced us to a whole new way to enjoy pasta: pasta pretzel sticks! And, yes, they’re even yummier than they sound.
By first boiling and then baking thick spaghettoni, these pasta pretzels are the perfect snack for all pasta lovers. Eaten plain with a dash of cracked sea salt, or sprinkled with your favorite spices, these new snacks are sure to be a big hit at any wine and cheese night.
What You’ll Need:
Olive oil or butter
1/4 pound Felicetti Matt spaghettoni
What to do:
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2) Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until tender (a minute longer than package directions).
3) Drain well and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil or butter.
4) Lay the pasta strands onto the prepared sheet in straight lines, with a bit of space between each.
5) Sprinkle with salt. Bake for about 8 minutes, until golden and crisp.
6) Enjoy the deliciousness!