Preparing a dinner party for a room full of guests with different tastes? Our friend and esteemed food historian, Francine Segan, has the perfect solution: pasta cups! These nests of spaghetti are baked into bite-sized cups that can be topped with whatever sauce or topping your guests prefer. Get the recipe after the jump.
With these versatile pasta cups, every one of your guests can create their own perfect pasta bites. After you’ve baked them, simply put them out with a selection of tasty toppings and let your guests go to town!
What You’ll Need:
3 tablespoons grated aged cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 pound spaghetti
Optional: toppings like cheeses, meats, sauces, etc.
What to Do:
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Lightly oil 24 mini muffin cups (or use disposable mini cups and set them on a baking pan).
3) Combine the egg, grated cheese and butter in a bowl.
4) Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, drain and toss with the ingredients in the bowl until well combined and almost all absorbed. Using a fork, twirl a few strands into a nest shape and put into a prepared muffin cup. Repeat.
5) Drizzle any remaining egg mixture on top of the nests.
6) If you choose, you can bake a topping into the center of the nest, or you can bake them plain and top them afterward.
7) Bake for about 12 minutes, or until set.