1-30 of 41
Fierce Women in Food
Meet some of the trailblazing women behind the female-powered brands we are proud to support.
Iranian immigrant Homa Dashtaki is the founder of White Moustache, a small batch producer of home-style Persian and Greek yogurt in Brooklyn. All their flavors are made using only Hudson Valley whole milk and live probiotic cultures the way Homa's grandmother made it—completely by hand.
Meadows and More
Tama Matsuoka Wong is, in no particular order, a professional forager, weed eater, meadow doctor, corporate lawyer, and mother of three. Her company, Meadows and More, supplies wild and foraged plants to restaurants and food companies all over New York and New Jersey (including us).
- Meadows and MoreJumbo Organic Maitake Mushroomapprox. 10oz$12.99/ea
Paulette Satur grew up on her family farm in central Pennsylvania, and studied Horticulture at The Pennsylvania State University. After twelve successful years in the wine business in NYC, she returned to her love of the land when she and her husband, Eberhard Müller, purchased their original farm on the North Fork of Long Island where they grow sustainably-farmed greens, leafy and root veggies, heirloom tomatoes, and herbs.
- Satur FarmsLocal Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme Herb Trioapprox. 2oz$3.99/ea
- Satur FarmsBaby Spinach Packapprox. 5oz$3.49/ea
- Satur FarmsKaleapprox. 5oz$3.49/ea
In 2006, Cathy Schauber began baking biscotti that celebrated her Italian heritage. Today she produces seven delicious flavors that stay true to old-world methods. All of her biscotti are still made by hand in small batches using only the finest ingredients, like sweet cream butter, fresh eggs, Callebaut cocoa, and Madagascar Bourbon vanilla.
- Cathy's BiscottiCranberry Chocolate Almond Biscotti6ct$7.99/ea($12.78/lb)
Essex St. Cheese Co.
Founded in 2006 by Daphne Zepos, an outspoken and dynamic advocate for the cause of traditional cheesemaking around the world, Essex St. Cheese works directly with artisan cheesemakers and agers to select consistently flavorful wheels, which we're excited to offer. Daphne taught thousands of students with the goal of significantly improving the quality of cheese in the U.S. Though Daphne passed away in 2012, Essex St. Cheese continues to thrive under the leadership of Rachel Juhl, now chief administrator, chief educator, and trainer.
Eastern Carolina Organics
Founded and run by CEO Sandi Kronick, ECO is a farmer-owned cooperative that started as a sustainable solution for growers transitioning their land from tobacco to fruits and vegetables. This North Carolina-based co-op supplies us with a delicious regional variety of organic sweet potato, the Covington, as well as other organic produce from the Carolinas.
- Organic Covington Sweet Potatoes$2.99/lb
Otto's Constant Dream
This delicious, beautifully aromatic Sauvignon Blanc is the product of two enterprising women: New Zealand winemaker, Jane Hunter, and Melisa Sanders, native New Yorker and founder of Communal Brands, which specializes in bringing to market classic, authentic, well-priced wines made by small producers.
- wine&spiritsOtto's Constant Dream Sauvignon Blanc750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
More Women-Run Businesses We Love
Here are more of the women-powered brands we're proud to partner with. Sample some of their amazing products now.
- Vermont CreameryCrème Fraîche8oz$5.99/ea($11.98/lb)
- Health-AdeKombucha, Blood Orange, Carrot, Ginger, Glass Bottle16fl oz$3.99/ea($3.99/pt)
- Health-AdeKombucha, Cayenne Cleanse, Glass Bottle16fl oz$3.99/ea($3.99/pt)
- Health-AdeKombucha, Ginger-Lemon, Glass Bottle16fl oz$3.99/ea($3.99/pt)
- Health-AdeKombucha, Pink Lady Apple, Glass Bottle16fl oz$3.99/ea($3.99/pt)
- Health-AdeKombucha, Pomegranate, Glass Bottle16fl oz$3.99/ea($3.99/pt)
- Haven's KitchenRed Pepper Romesco5fl oz$7.99/ea($25.57/pt)
- MonfefoOrganic Ginger Shot, Glass Bottle2fl oz$3.99/ea($31.92/pt)
- MonfefoOrganic Turmeric Shot, Glass Bottle2fl oz$3.99/ea($31.92/pt)
5%MonfefoOrganic Ginger Shot, Glass Bottles12ct, 2fl oz ea$45.49/cs
5%MonfefoOrganic Turmeric Shot, Glass Bottles12ct, 2fl oz ea$45.49/cs
- Splendid SpoonStew, Beans and Greens16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Splendid SpoonStew, Channa Potato16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Splendid SpoonStew, Ikarian Longevity16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Splendid SpoonSoup, Lentil Kale16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Splendid SpoonSoup, Red Lentil Dal16oz$7.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Early BirdGranola, Kiss My Oats12oz$9.99/ea($13.32/lb)
- Early BirdGranola, Jubilee12oz$9.99/ea($13.32/lb)
- Four & Twenty BlackbirdsSalted Caramel Apple Pie8"$24.99/ea($12.49/lb)
- Vermont CreameryChèvre4oz$4.99/ea($19.96/lb)
- Vermont CreameryEuropean-Style Cultured Butter with Sea Salt Crystals4oz$3.99/ea($15.96/lb)We Recommend: Ronnybrook Salted European Style Butter
- Vermont CreameryDouble-Cream Cremont5oz$10.99/ea($35.17/lb)
- Haven's KitchenHerby Chimichurri5fl oz$7.99/ea($25.57/pt)
- Haven's KitchenNutty Lemongrass Sauce5oz$7.99/ea($25.57/lb)
- Gina's PasticceriaKey Lime Pie5"$4.99/ea($15.97/lb)
- Long Wind FarmsOrganic Mixed Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$6.99/ea