Green-Skinned Avocado, Firm, Large
- Firm but velvety lemon-lime-colored flesh and a mild, meaty flavor. With less fat per ounce than the Hass, the Florida avocado gives you more pleasure and less guilt per mouthful. Good for slicing or mashing up for guacamole. It makes a beautiful and delicious garnish.Origin
Plan ahead! Our avocados arrive firm. They'll ripen in 3-5 days at room temperature — just like a banana — or speed up the process by storing them in a paper bag. When your avocados yield to gentle pressure, they're ready.
USASeasonLate Spring to Winter
Firm avocados will ripen on your counter in 4 to 7 days. They'll yield to gentle squeezing when they are ready to eat. To speed ripening, place firm avocados in a paper bag and store at room temperature for 2 to 4 days.
Storing Ripe Avocados
A ripe avocado gives slightly when gently squeezed. The freshness of a ripe avocado can be preserved by storing it in the refrigerator, where it should keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Avocados
To keep sliced avocado from turning brown, wrap tightly in plastic. A squirt of lemon or lime juice rubbed onto the exposed flesh before you wrap it helps too.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Greenhouse Cucumber, Medium(about 12oz ea)$2.49/ea
$0.79Any 6 local corn for $3.00Mix'n'Match
- $4.99/eaAny 2 Hepworth 1lb small tomatoes for $9.00Mix'n'Match
- $1.99/eaAny 2 Select Deer Run greens for $3.00Mix'n'Match
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable CSA Boxapprox 8-10 items, weight varies$34.99/ea
$4.99Any 2 asparagus for $7.00Mix'n'Match
- Broccoli Rabe(about 1lb per bunch)$2.99/ea
$3.99Save! 2 for $5.00
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Vegetables CSA Box with Eggs, Mushrooms, Cheese and Yogurtapprox 7-9 items, weight varies$49.99/ea
- $3.99/eaSave! 2 for $5.00