Hass Avocados, 5-Pack
- With its irresistibly buttery flavor, the Hass sets the avocado standard. It also wins the popularity contest, making up 75% of the American crop. A luscious slice of Hass avocado really pumps up the taste of burritos, burgers, salads, and sushi rolls.Origin
Plan ahead! Our avocados arrive firm. They'll ripen in 3-5 days at room temperature — just like a banana — or speed up the process by storing them in a paper bag. To slow ripening, store in the fridge. When your avocados yield to gentle pressure, they're ready.
USA and MexicoSeasonSpring to Late Fall
Firm avocados will ripen on your counter in 4 to 7 days. They'll yield to gentle squeezing when they are ready to eat. To speed ripening, place firm avocados in a paper bag and store at room temperature for 2 to 4 days.
Storing Ripe Avocados
A ripe avocado gives slightly when gently squeezed. The freshness of a ripe avocado can be preserved by storing it in the refrigerator, where it should keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Avocados
To keep sliced avocado from turning brown, wrap tightly in plastic. A squirt of lemon or lime juice rubbed onto the exposed flesh before you wrap it helps too.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- $1.49/eaSave! 4 for $5.00
$1.49Save! 4 for $4.00
- $3.99/2pkSave! 2 for $7.00
- $0.69/eaSave! 4 for $2.00
- $4.99/4pkabout $2.49/lb
- $3.99/eaSave! 2 for $7.00
- $5.99/4pkabout $3.00/lb
- $1.29/eaSave! 5 for $5.00