Marsala Wine & Mushroom Sauce
- Our kitchen's decadent Marsala wine and mushroom sauce starts with a sauté of earthy cremini mushrooms (portobello's younger sibling) and sweet shallots. Cooked in extra virgin olive oil and a little butter until softened, this flavorful mixture is dosed with sweet marsala wine, roasted garlic and veal stock. Tomato sauce, a touch of cream and fresh sage add depth and texture. Perfect for elevating a simple pasta dinner or ladeling over a grilled chicken breast or steak.Heating Instructions
Stovetop: Simmer over low heat in sauce pot, stirring occasionally. Microwave: Remove lid. Cover container loosely with plastic wrap. Heat on high, stir midway through, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
- Contains Milk Ingredients
- Contains Sulfites
Mushrooms, Tomatoes (With Salt, Citric Acid), Cream (With Less Than 0.2% Of Emulsifiers And Stabilizers [Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan, Polysorbate 80, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum]), Red Wine, Shallots, Garlic, Marsala Wine (Contains Sulfites), Veal Demi-Glace (Veal Stock Reduction [Water, Roasted Veal Bones, Onions, Celery, Carrots, Tomato Paste, Mushrooms, Parsley Stems, Kosher Salt, Bay Leaves, Thyme, White Peppercorns]), Water, Chicken Stock, Onions, Olive Oil, Butter, Salt, Carrots, Demi-Glace Flavoring (Modified Food Starch, Dried Beef Stock, Dextrose, Beef Fat, Salt, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Gelatin, Caramel Color, Vegetable Powders [Tomato, Onion, Beet, Garlic, Mushroom], Natural Butter Flavor [With Annatto, Turmeric], Xanthan Gum, Artificial Wine Flavor [Water, Alcohol, Fruit Juices, Natural Flavor], Citric Acid, Carrot Extractive, Disodium Inosnate And Guanylate, Spice Extractive, Polysorbate 80 [Emulsifier]), Sugar, Celery, Canola Oil, Porcini Powder, Spices, Lemon Juice, Pepper (Black, White, Cayenne).
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Turkey Bolognese Sauce16 fl oz$5.99/ea($5.99/lb)
- Green Basil & Pignoli Pesto8 fl oz$5.99/ea($11.98/lb)