Skyr, pronounced "skeer," is the traditional yogurt of Iceland. It is made by incubating skim milk with live active cultures. The whey, the water naturally found in milk, is then strained away to make for a much thicker, creamier, concentrated yogurt. So to make just one cup of skyr, with all that water going out, you need 4 times the amount of milk required to make a regular cup of yogurt. As a result of this process skyr comes out with 2-3 times the protein count of standard yogurt.
Since skyr is fat-free it has been an age old practice to throw a bit of cream back into it for a tad richer touch: generally called rjóma-skyr; or skyr with cream. Delicious! (from Siggi's)
- Gluten Free
- No Artificial Color
- Hormone Free
- No Preservatives
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Pasteurized Skim Milk, Organic Agave Nectar, Candied Ginger, Orange Extract, Fruit Pectin, Live Active Cultures, Live Cultures: B. Lactis, L. Acidophilus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Lactis, S. Thermophilus.
Siggi's Skyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Orange and Ginger
Like That? You'll Love This.
- $4.99/ea2 for $9.00
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct$1.99/bnc
- $4.99/ea($5.94/lb)(details)when you buy TWO PACKAGES any flavor/variety Cascadian Farm™ Granola listed: Ancient Grains, Cinnamon Raisin, Dark Chocolate Almond, French Vanilla Almond, Fruit and Nut, Maple Brown Sugar, Oats and Honey, Farm Stand Harvest Vanilla Coconut Pumpkin Seed, Farm Stand Harvest Honey Almond Chia, Farm Stand Harvest Cherry Almond Quinoa (excludes Granola Bars)Save $1.00
- $5.99/ea2 for $11.00
- Fage TOTAL0% Plain Greek Yogurt6oz (170g)$1.69/ea($4.45/lb)
- Kellogg'sMueslix Cereal15.3oz$4.99/ea($5.20/lb)(details)when you buy THREE (3) All-Bran®, Frosted Mini-Wheats®, Mueslix®, Product 19®, Rice Krispies®, Smart Start®, Corn Flakes® &/or Raisin Bran (9 oz. or larger).Save $1.00
- Strawberries, Case8ct, 16oz each$29.99/cs