- If full-sized eggplants carried around family pictures, these very mild, slightly chewy, and earthy babies would surely be in their wallets. Traditionally grown and cooked in Italy, these greenhouse grown eggplants have pale flesh that is even creamier and smoother than that of their larger cousins. No need to peel, because the nutritious skin is super-tender.Origin
Eggplant is tropical in origin, so it does not agree well with extreme cold. For this reason, a whole eggplant will last better and longer out of the refrigerator but in a cool place 50 degrees is ideal. On the countertop, eggplant should keep for about 3 days. If storing cut eggplant, wrap in plastic and place in the least cool section of the refrigerator.
How much should I buy?1 makes 1 to 2 servings
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$2.49/ea2 for $4.00
- Field & FarmPlum Tomatoesapprox. 24oz$2.99/ea
- Basilbunch, approx. 4-6oz$2.29/ea
- $0.89/ea5 for $4.00
- Asparagusapprox. 1lb$5.99/ea
- Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$3.49/ea
$3.992 for $6.00
- Greenhouse Cucumberapprox. 12oz$2.69/ea2 for $5.00