Jersey Fresh Green Kale
- Kale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bitter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamins A and C. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.Origin
USABrandAbout Jersey Fresh
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
How much should I buy?1 bunch makes about 4 servings
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Lemon Family Pack5 - 7ct. (2 lb bag)$4.99/ea
- $3.99/pkgSave! 2 for $7.00
- Broccoli(about 1lb per bunch)$3.49/eaSave! 2 for $6.00
- Green Beans1lb$1.99/lb
- $0.89/eaSave! 4 for $3.00
- Celery, Medium(about 1lb ea)$2.99/ea
- Greenhouse Cucumber, Medium(about 12oz ea)$1.49/ea
$2.29Save! 2 for $2.50