Project Eats Scarlet Turnips
- Project EATS Farms operate on a unique concept focusing on community based farming, created so that urban neighborhoods can grow fresh, healthy, nutritious food. Every purchase made from Project EATS creates local jobs, healthy food choices, and better environmental choices in urban communities. Project EATS has launched eight farmsteads in seven New York City neighborhoods. (from Project EATs)BrandAbout Project Eats
A magenta-colored version of one of our favorite root vegetables, the scarlet turnip has a flesh that's both nutty and sweet like an early turnip with an outside that's flavored like a radish. Turnips can be braised, baked, boiled, or stewed, and make a great partner for cream- or meat-based dishes. Enhance their natural creaminess with a simple dab of butter and a dash of salt. Or lighten up your mashed potatoes by mixing them with turnips.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Organic Gold Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.99/eaAny 2 Organic beets for $5.00Mix'n'Match
- $3.99/eaSave! 2 for $7.00
- Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative Local Vegetables CSA Box with Eggs, Mushrooms, Cheese and Yogurtapprox 7-9 items, weight varies$49.99/ea
- Satur Farms Wild Arugula Pack5oz package$3.49/5ozAny 2 select Satur varieties for $6.00Mix'n'Match