- Porcinis are called cèpes in France and are sometimes known as boletes — their scientific name. These extra-fancy porcinis are picked from the mountains and thinly sliced, though they hold their shape well when cooked. Particularly good in Italian and French cuisines, you'll find these mushrooms rehydrate well for use with pastas, risottos, soups, stews and stuffings. They also store for months — making them a convenient ingredient for last-minute meals.
Extra Fancy Porcini Mushrooms. How much should I buy?3oz dried = 1 lb reconstituted
Dried Extra Fancy Porcini Mushrooms
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Dried Morel Mushroomsapprox. 2oz$49.99/ea
- $0.89/ea5 for $4.00
- Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
- Dried Cepe Mushroomsapprox. 2oz$7.99/ea
- Organic Leeks, Bunch2-3ct$4.99/ea
- Sageapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
- FreshDirectChicken Stock32fl oz$6.99/ea($3.50/pt)
- Organic Baby Bella Mushrooms, Packagedapprox. 8oz$3.29/ea2 for $6.00
- Shiitake Mushrooms, Packagedapprox. 3.5oz$4.29/ea2 for $8.00