Local Harvest Angus Filet Tips, Raised without Antibiotics
- These are the succulent, buttery ends of the tenderloin. Filet mignon tips take beautifully to sautéing. Don't overwhelm their subtle flavor with marinades or sauces. Instead, sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, then sauté in olive oil with some sliced shallots — their sweetness will complement the filet mignon's savory simplicity.BrandAbout Local Harvest
Local Harvest is FreshDirect's premium beef offering. We work with a coalition of small family farms throughout New York and Pennsylvania who feed their cattle a diet of primarily grass, supplemented by grain throughout the finishing months. The cattle are never fed or administered any artificial growth hormones or antibiotics. Every farm in the Local Harvest program is independently audited for animal welfare practices to ensure the best standards of care.
The Local Harvest program is comprised of the following family farms.
- Baumert Family Farm – Herndon, PA
- Conquest Cattle Farmers – Cato, NY
- Green Valley Farm – Manheim, PA
- Hoffman Farms – Dover, PA
- Mahantongo Angus Farm – Klingerstown, PA
- Silver Run Farm – Lancaster, PA
- Zimmerman Farms – Pitman, PA