- The king of cheeses. The cheese of kings. The true Parmigiano. Aged two years, sharp and sweet, with a firm, fudgy texture, and flecked throughout with tiny crystals of protein. We hand-selected two small cheese-makers in the Apennine hills of Emilia-Romagna to export their premium product exclusively to FreshDirect. Known the world over as the perfect grating cheese, but often overlooked as a table cheese and companion to bold red wines. Try it straight, by the chunk, drizzled with aged balsamic vinegar.Cheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
Why We Love It
The nutty and salty notes in Parmigiano make it a wonderful table cheese or finishing touch.
Tasting notes: Pineapple, dried apricot, hazelnut, hay, salt
Serve it with: Muscat grapes, dried pear, sweet coppa, truffle honey, Corvina, Montepulciano, port, prosecco
Over pasta: Using a fine grater, shower freshly-cooked pasta with a generous pile of Parmigiano.
Over salad: Using a vegetable peeler, create fat cheese curls to top greens. Especially good over arugula.
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Milk, Salt, Rennet. Parmesan & Grating Rating
Parmigiano-Reggiano, Aged 2 Years
Like That? You'll Love This.
- $2.99/eaSave! 2 for $5.00
- $3.99/eaSave! 2 for $7.00
- $0.99/eaSave! 5 for $4.50
- $2.69/eaSave! 2 for $5.00