Farm-Raised Prince Edward Island Mussels
- Mussels grow flavorful in the chilly waters off Prince Edward Island. These are tender, rich, and salty-sweet, and plenty of people in the seafood world think they're the best mussels anywhere. Steam them and serve with their steaming liquid or, for a change of pace, remove the steamed mussels from their shells, bread them, deep-fry them, and serve with tartar sauce.Origin
Keep in mind that while live mussels are usually closed, they do need to breathe, so you may find them slightly open. You can easily check a mussel for signs of life — just squeeze the shell gently a few times and discard if it doesn't respond by closing.
CanadaBrandAbout Ocean-Friendly Seafood
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method. How much should I buy?1lb makes 1 main course or 2 appetizer servings
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Iliada Kalamata Extra-Virgin Olive Oil25oz (750mL)$11.29/ea($7.24/PT)
- Meyer Lemonsapprox. 4-6 lemons per bag (1lb)$3.99/bagSave! 2 for $7.00
- Shallots1lb$2.99/pkgAny 2 Shallot Varieties for $4.00Mix'n'Match
- $0.89/eaSave! 4 for $3.00
- Fresh Purple Garlicapprox 4 heads per lb$3.99/lb
- $2.99/eaAny 2 Shallot Varieties for $4.00Mix'n'Match