- Jicama is all about crunch. Its flavor is slightly nutty and fruity, almost like an apple, but its real virtue is its light, juicy crispness. It resembles water chestnuts (for which it can substitute easily). You can boil jicama like a potato, but we prefer it raw. In Mexico, chilled jicama slices seasoned with chili powder, salt, and lime juice are a favorite cocktail snack.
How much should I buy?1 makes about 4 servings
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable CSA Box with Eggs and Cheeseapprox 10 items, weight varies$44.99/ea
- $3.49/eaSave! 2 for $6.00
$4.99Save! 2 for $7.00
- $1.99/eaSave! 2 for $3.50
- $3.99/eaSave! 2 for $7.00
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable CSA Box8-10 items, weight varies$34.99/ea
$3.99Save! 2 for $5.00
- Ocean Mist FarmsRomaine Lettuce(about 20oz per head)$2.49/eaAny 2 Lettuce for $4.50Mix'n'Match