Banana-Leaf Wrapped Coconut-Cilantro Salmon
- After being slathered with a herbaceous, sweetly spiced coconut-cilantro chutney, these rich salmon fillets are wrapped in banana leaves, which keep the fish moist while imparting a delicate, almost floral green banana flavor. Grand on the grill and a snap to bake, this entrée brings mouthwatering new meaning to the words "fast food."Claims
- No Hydrogenated Oils
All Methods: CAUTION!
Remove wax paper wrapping from fish before cooking, leaving banana leaf intact. After cooking, steam will be released while opening. Let rest for 2 minutes before serving the salmon on the banana leaf garnish (do not eat the leaf).
Heat grill over medium high heat. Brush to coat outer banana leaves with canola (vegetable) oil. Once hot, place seam side down over grill. Cook 5-6 minutes for rare, 7-8 minutes for medium. Carefully flip and continue to cook an additional 5-6 minutes or 7-8 minutes.
Preheat to 400°F. Brush to coat outer banana leaves with canola (vegetable) oil. Place seam side down on a non-stick baking sheet. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven. Cook 10-12 minutes for rare, 14-16 minutes for medium and up to 20 minutes for flakey and opaque (well-done).
Microwave (times may vary):
For medium-rare, heat on high for 1 1/2 minutes in 1,000-watt or higher or 2 minutes in lower wattage. Let rest for 1 minute
- Contains Fish
- Contains Tree Nuts
Salmon Fillet, Coconut Marinade (Cilantro, Water, Dried, Unsweetened Coconut, Lime Juice, Fresh Mint, Garlic, Ginger Puree [Water, Ginger, Lemon Juice, Guar Gum], Fennel Seeds, Salt, Black Pepper, Coriander Seed, Chili Pepper]), Banana Leaf Garnish (Do Not Eat). CONTAINS FISH INGREDIENTS.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Spicy Black Pepper Shrimp(8-10 jumbo shrimp)$7.99/ea
- Sustainable Salmon with Lemon & Capers (Char-Marked & Ready-to-Cook, Made with True North Salmon)1pc, 8oz$10.99/eaSave! 2 for $20.00
- Farm-Raised Cajun Catfish Fillet(approx. 6 oz)$9.99/lb
- Shrimp, Lobster & Scallop Kabobs(2 skewers)$24.99/2pk
- Salmon Kabobs (Made with Farm-Raised Salmon)3pk, about 1.3 lb$14.99/3pk
- Shrimp Kabobs (Made with Farm-Raised Shrimp)3pk, about 1.0 lb$18.99/3pk