Smart & Simple Chicken Souvlaki Meal Kit
"Marinated Chicken Skewers with Steamed Spinach, Roasted Vegetables and Tzatziki"
- Street food made fancy, this Greek-inspired meal kit includes everything you need to cook an easy chicken dinner for two. As fun to assemble as it is to eat, you skewer the marinated chicken breast cubes to make your own kabobs while your vegetables — fingerling potatoes, haricot verts, red onions and grape tomatoes topped with a zippy lemon vinaigrette — are roasted to perfection. With steamed spinach to round out the dish, your deconstructed chicken souvlaki is almost complete — top with our fresh tzatziki for authentic flavor.Claims
- Nutritionist Recommended
- Low Calorie
- Low Fat
- Low Sodium
- High Fiber
- Low Cholesterol
- Trans Fat Free
Preheat oven to 375°F and light grill (if using).
Assemble the Skewers:
Soak the skewers in water for 10 minutes prior to skewering the chicken. Allocate 3 pieces of chicken per skewer to make a total of 4 skewers, leaving a 1 handle at the end. Reserve.
To cook the vegetables: Remove both sauce cups from the vegetable container. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with non-stick spray. Mix the vegetables with the lemon dressing (yellow-colored sauce) in a bowl and toss until fully combined. Spread the vegetables onto the baking sheet in one layer, leaving enough space for the chicken skewers to be added later. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and caramelized.
To cook chicken on stovetop to oven: After the vegetables have been cooking for 15 minutes, heat a non-stick sauté pan for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken skewers to the pan; sear on all sides until golden brown. Remove the skewers from the pan and place onto the baking sheet with the vegetables. Reserve the pan off the heat to cook the spinach if doing so on the stovetop. Continue cooking the chicken and vegetables (there should be 7-10 minutes left) until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
To cook chicken on the grill: On a medium-high grill, cook the chicken skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
Just Before Serving:
To cook spinach in the microwave: Place bag of spinach, FreshDirect logo side up, into the microwave. Cook on HIGH for 40 seconds (1000+ watts) or 1 minute (lower watts). Remove the spinach steam bag from the microwave, carefully open at the seam and reserve.
To cook spinach on the stovetop: Return the pan that was used to cook the chicken to medium-high heat. Add the spinach from the bag to the pan and cook until just wilted. Reserve.
Assembly: Serve two chicken skewers with half each of the roasted vegetables, spinach and tzatziki sauce per person. Enjoy!BrandAbout Smart & Simple
- Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
- Contains Fish
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Potatoes, Baby Spinach, Tomatoes, Haricot Verts (French Green Beans), Red Onions, Nonfat Yogurt (Grade A Pasteurized Skimmed Milk, Live Active Yogurt Cultures [L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. Casei]), Lemon Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cucumber, Lime Juice, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled White Vinegar, Molasses, Water, Sugar, Onions, Anchovies, Salt, Garlic, Cloves, Tamarind Extract, Natural Flavoring, Chili Pepper Extract), Canola Oil, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Oregano, Sea Salt, Lemon Zest, Black Pepper, Xanthan Gum, White Pepper, Dried Peppermint Leaf.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- $3.99/5ozAny 2 Earthbound Power Greens for $7.00Mix'n'Match
- FreshDirect Oven-Ready French Baguetteapprox 15"$2.69/ea($2.69/ct)
- FreshDirect Cilantro Sesame Marinadepint (16 fl oz)$3.99/eaAny 2 Marinades for $5.00($3.99/LB)Mix'n'Match
- FreshDirect Oven-Ready Wheat Baguetteapprox 16"$2.49/ea($2.49/ct)
- FreshDirect Fajita Marinadepint (16 fl oz)$2.99/ea
$3.99Any 2 Marinades for $5.00($2.99/LB)Mix'n'Match
- $3.99/5ozAny 2 select 5oz salads for $7.00Mix'n'Match