- Slim and sophisticated, haricots verts have a brighter, more concentrated flavor than string beans, but the biggest difference is texture. The petite French beans are tender and delicate. Tie up bundles with chives and steam, or add to a salade niçoise.Origin
USA, Mexico, Guatemala and Peru
Rhubarb should last for about 4 days in the refrigerator's crisper. Keep it tightly wrapped in plastic. If you want to store it long term, wash, cut into the desired length, and place in an airtight container. It will keep in the freezer for about 9 months.
Fennel will keep for about 5 days if you store it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator crisper. Unless using fennel within a couple of days, trim off the stems and store them separately so they don't leach moisture from the bulb.
This squash should keep for up to 4 weeks when stored in a plastic bag in your refrigerator's vegetable drawer.
These fruits should keep for at least 2 weeks, and up to a month, when stored in a paper bag in your refrigerator's vegetable drawer. If you plan to use them within a couple of days, they will be fine on the countertop.
To store okra, wrap it in a paper towel and tuck inside a paper bag, then place in the least cool section of the refrigerator. Try to use it soon after purchase, as okra is quite perishable. It should keep for 3 or 4 days.
How much should I buy?1lb makes about 3 servings Source
Like That? You'll Love This.
- $0.89/eaSave! 4 for $3.00
- Broccoli(about 1lb per bunch)$3.49/eaSave! 2 for $6.00
- Scallions5.5oz$1.99/eaSave! 2 for $3.00
- Greenhouse Cucumber, Medium(about 12oz ea)$2.29/ea
$3.99Save! 2 for $6.00
- $0.59/eaSave! 6 for $3.00