- Hachiyas are the Jekyll-and-Hyde persimmon. Unripe, they are as sour as a lemon. When they ripen, they magically turn sweet, tangy and slightly spicy. Wait until the fruit feels like it's on the verge of collapse, with the skin barely containing the flesh. Then open it and spoon out the creamy orange flesh.Origin
Please note: To speed up ripening and eliminate bitterness, you can put Hachiya persimmons in the freezer for 24 hours. Defrost before using.
USASeasonPersimmon Season: Winter
Earliest delivery Thu 11/26
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable CSA Box8-10 items, weight varies$29.99/ea
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable CSA Box with Eggs and Cheeseapprox 10 items, weight varies$44.99/ea
- Asparagusbunch$4.99/eaSave! 2 for $9.00
- $2.29/eaSave! 2 for $4.00
- $3.99/eaAny 2 Brussel Sprouts for $7.00Mix'n'Match