With its irresistibly buttery flavor, the Hass sets the avocado standard. It also wins the popularity contest, making up 75% of the American crop. A luscious slice of Hass avocado really pumps up the taste of burritos, burgers, salads, and sushi rolls.
Plan ahead! Our avocados arrive firm. They'll ripen in 3-5 days at room temperature.Please note: Avocados are ready when the flesh yields to gentle pressure. To promote ripening, store avocados in a paper bag at room temperature. To slow ripening, store in the fridge.Claims
Firm avocados will ripen on your counter in 4 to 7 days. They'll yield to gentle squeezing when they are ready to eat. To speed ripening, place firm avocados in a paper bag and store at room temperature for 2 to 4 days.
Storing Ripe Avocados
A ripe avocado gives slightly when gently squeezed. The freshness of a ripe avocado can be preserved by storing it in the refrigerator, where it should keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Avocados
To keep sliced avocado from turning brown, wrap tightly in plastic. A squirt of lemon or lime juice rubbed onto the exposed flesh before you wrap it helps too.
Organic Hass Avocado
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Organic Cilantroapprox. 4oz$2.99/ea
- Driscoll'sOrganic Strawberriesapprox. 16oz$8.99/ea
24%Organic Limes$0.99/ea4 for $3
- Organic Tommy Atkins Mangoapprox. 1lb$3.49/ea
- Organic Red Greenhouse Bell Pepper$6.99/lb
- Organic Garlic$5.49/lb
33%Organic Broccoliapprox. 1lb bunch$3.49/ea
$4.492 for $6
- Grape Tomatoesapprox. 10oz$3.99/ea
- Organic Kiwifruit$0.75/ea
- Organic Celeryapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
- Organic Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$2.49/ea
- Organic Red Onion$1.99/lb