Lots of texture and an intense meatiness that gets deeper as you cook it. Similar to a classic pot roast cut, but a little moister. Roast in a medium oven or braise with root vegetables and beef broth.
What does RWA mean?R(aised) W(ithout):
It means that when you buy beef labeled Local Angus RWA your product comes with three promises. It is always:
- A(dded Hormones)
- A(nimal By-Products)
As one of FreshDirect's premium beef suppliers, Local Angus works with a coalition of small family farms throughout the Mid-Atlantic region* who feed their cattle a diet of primarily grass, supplemented by grain throughout the finishing months. Every farm in this program is independently audited for animal welfare practices to ensure the best standards of care.
*More than 90% of the cattle comes from NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA, and WV, but in winter and short supply, the program is supplemented with cattle from North Carolina and Ohio.
Local Angus RWA Angus Eye Round Roast
- Organic Jewel Yam$2.49/lb
- Satur FarmsLocal Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme Herb Trioapprox. 2oz$3.99/ea
20%Asparagusapprox. 1lb$4.99/ea2 for $8
- FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$2.25/ea($2.25/ct)
- Organic Garnet Yams$2.49/lb
- Rosemaryapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
11%Pencil Asparagusapprox. 1lb$4.49/ea2 for $8
- FreshDirect FrozenGarlic Bread Demi-Baguette2ct, 9.5" ea$4.99/ea($4.99/ct)
- Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Breakfast Radishesbunch$2.99/ea
- FreshDirectGreen Asparagus in Microwavable Bagapprox. 8oz$5.49/ea($10.98/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenSemolina Demi Baguette2pk, 11" ea$2.99/ea($1.50/ct)