- DescriptionThese dense, flavorful cubes of rich beef get better and better with slow cooking in wine or broth. Extra leanness makes our stew meat healthful, and stewing makes it the essence of home cooking. For maximum flavor, always sear the cubes in a very hot pot or Dutch oven until they are nice and brown before stewing. Makes a mean meaty chili.
What does RWA mean?R(aised) W(ithout):
It means that when you buy beef labeled Local Angus RWA your product comes with three promises. It is always:
- A(dded Hormones)
- A(nimal By-Products)
As one of FreshDirect's premium beef suppliers, Local Angus works with a coalition of small family farms throughout the Mid-Atlantic region* who feed their cattle a diet of primarily grass, supplemented by grain throughout the finishing months. Every farm in this program is independently audited for animal welfare practices to ensure the best standards of care.
*More than 90% of the cattle comes from NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA, and WV, but in winter and short supply, the program is supplemented with cattle from North Carolina and Ohio.
- Raised Without Antibiotics
Local Angus RWA Beef Chuck Stew Meat
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Fresh Peeled White Pearl Onionsapprox. 8oz$4.99/ea
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.49/ea
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
- FreshDirect FrozenOven-Ready Sourdough Rolls6ct$3.99/ea($0.67/ct)
- Rosemaryapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
9%Pete's GreensClean Organic Real Baby Carrotsapprox. 1.5lb$5.49/eaAny 2 Pete's Carrots for $10
- FreshDirect FrozenOven-Ready Light Sourdough Bâtarde16oz$3.99/ea($3.99/lb)
- StokesPurple Organic Sweet Potato$2.99/lb
- Organic Garlic$4.99/lb
- Satur FarmsLocal Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme Herb Trioapprox. 2oz$3.99/ea