- DescriptionAn American line of French-style ripened goat cheeses wouldn't be complete without a small Bijou-like Crottin. Bijou is French for "jewel" and epitomizes all that is special about goats' milk and the making and caring for a small cheese. This geotrichum-rinded cheese has a unique sweet and yeasty flavor.Cheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
Made with fresh pasteurized goats' milk from family farms, Bijou curd coagulates overnight, drains in cheese cloth, and is then shaped into little buttons. Dried, and ripened for one week, Bijou evolves with time, gaining a sharpness and complexity after thirty days. Serve toasted on baguette with a salad for a traditional French Bistro Chevre Chaud or on a cheeseboard. (from Vermont Creamery)
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Pasteurized Goats' Milk, Salt, Cultures, Enzymes.
- More Information
Vermont Creamery Bijou Aged Goat Cheese "Crottin"
Like That? You'll Love This.
- La Casearia CarpenedoPerlagrigia Sotto Cenere al Tartufo0.25lb | $20.99/lb$5.25
- FreshDirectFresh Salsa Verde15oz$5.99/ea($6.37/lb)
- FreshDirect FrozenGrilled Thin-Crust Barbecue Chicken Pizza w/ Smoked Gouda Cheese12"$8.99/ea($8.99/ct)
- Organic Bosc Pearsapprox. 3lb bag$5.99/ea
- RainierOrganic Honeycrisp Apples4ct$9.99/eaabout $5.00/lb
- Just FreshDirectKalamata Olivesapprox. 0.5lb$4.79/ea($9.58/lb)
- KashiOriginal 7 Grain Crackers9oz$3.69/ea($6.59/lb)
- CitterioPremium Pancetta0.50lb | $11.99/lb$6.00
16%Organic Bosc Pearapprox. 0.5lb$1.49/eaAny 4 Organic Pears for $5
- Organic Fuji Apples4ct$6.99/eaabout $3.50/lb
- Just FreshDirectCerignola Green Olivesapprox. 0.5lb$4.79/ea($9.58/lb)
- Carr'sWhole Wheat Crackers7oz$4.19/ea($9.52/lb)