DescriptionA specialty of the picturesque region of the Aosta Valley, where cows graze on serene Alpine pastures 6,500 feet above sea level, this Fontina is the real deal. Perfectly pungent with an earthy, woody flavor, its fabulously rich aroma boasts grassy notes of truffles, flowers, and herbs. Although it melts well, we also love it on a cheeseboard paired with a crisp Chardonnay.Cheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
Raw Full-Cream Milk From Valdaostan Pedigree Cows, Salt, Rennet.
Fontina Aosta DOP
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBastianich Friulano DOC750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- Just FreshDirectLocal Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese16oz$4.19/ea($4.19/lb)
- Beaufort d'Été AOP$29.99/lb
- Gruyère d'Alpage Jeux de Quilles$29.99/lb
- wine&spiritsMartini & RossiVermouth Rosso375ml$6.99/ea($18.64/l)
3%Single Serve HerbsThymeapprox. 0.25oz$1.29/eaAny 4 single serve herbs for $5
- FreshDirectProsciutto di Parma Reserve, 18-Month Aged$24.99/lb
- wine&spiritsBordelet Sidre Tendre Cider750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- Tuscan Dairy FarmsHeavy Cream1 pint$3.99/ea($3.99/pt)
- Garlic3ct, approx. 3.2oz$1.99/ea