- DescriptionCheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
The word alpage means "mountain pasture," and when used to talk about cheese, it means that the cheese is made with milk from cows that grazed on the wild flowers and grasses of alpine pastures during the summer months. Master cheesemaker Philippe Pasquier travels into the mountains with his herd in late May and produces, on average, about two wheels of cheese per day. This cheese obviously works in fondue, but we say let it take center stage on your cheese plate.
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Milk, Culture, Rennet, Salt.
- More Information
Gruyère d'Alpage Jeux de Quilles
Like That? You'll Love This.
8%FreshDirectProsciutto di Parma Reserve, 18-Month Aged$22.99/lb
39%Choco 21 Blue Cheese$19.99/lb
- Essex St. Cheese Co.L'amuse Brabander Goat Gouda$26.99/lb
- Essex St. Cheese Co.L'amuse Signature Gouda, Aged 2 Years$26.99/lb
- DOK Dall'ava San Daniele Prosciutto, 24-Month Aged$31.99/lb
- Brie De Meaux Rouzaire$18.99/lb
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
- Ferme de JouvenceCamembert Fermier8.8oz$10.99/ea($19.98/lb)
28%FreshDirect FrozenFrench Baguette20"$1.79/ea
- Cellars at Jasper HillAlpha Tolman$23.99/lb
- Just FreshDirectPitted Greek Olive Mixapprox. 0.5lb$4.99/ea($9.98/lb)
- Uplands CheesePleasant Ridge Reserve$27.99/lb