- DescriptionCheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
This feta is made daily between mid-December to late July with a combination of chilled evening milk and fresh morning milk. The cheese-making process is essentially the same as described in Homer's Odyssey, where the Cyclops was a cheesemaker. With a slightly crumbly texture and creamy aroma, this cheese has flavor notes of vanilla and custard and pairs beautifully with soft wines like Pinot Noir and Muscat.
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Pasteurized Sheeps Milk, Sea Salt, Rennet, Cultures.
- More Information
Essex St. Cheese Co. Feta Lesbos PDO
Like That? You'll Love This.
- BakedsomeBrick-Oven Baked Whole Wheat Pita Bread6ct, 12.69oz$2.75/ea($3.47/lb)
- Organic ValleyOrganic Cultured Lowfat Buttermilk, Plastic Bottle1 quart$3.99/ea($2.00/pt)
- Just FreshDirectImported Red Wine Vinegar500ml$4.99/ea($4.71/pt)
10%SunsetWild Wonders Tomatoesapprox. 12oz
- Dream GreensBaby Arugulaapprox. 4.5oz$3.99/ea
- Roasted Red Peppersapprox. 0.5lb$2.99/ea($5.98/lb)
- La PrimaveraPassata Napoli12.3oz$3.19/ea($4.15/lb)
- Berkwood FarmsApplewood Smoked Uncured Berkshire Bacon12oz$9.99/ea
- Organic Mini Seedless Cucumbersapprox. 1lb$5.99/ea
- GAEAOlive Snack, Pitted Kalamata Olives2.3oz$2.59/ea($1.80/lb)
- Just FreshDirectTellicherry Peppercorns (Refill)2.1oz$4.99/ea($38.38/lb)
- Roasted California Garlic Clovesapprox. 0.5lb$4.79/ea($9.58/lb)