True to style, Alpha curds are cooked and pressed to achieve a tight, elastic texture and robust, complex flavors. Young wheels are washed with a cultured brine to cultivate a natural rind that lends an authentic, funky depth of character. Mature wheels are bold and meaty with amplified butter and caramelized onion flavors carried by a rich and crystalline texture.
The texture, aesthetic, and flavor make Alpha Tolman an ideal choice for fans of Appenzeller (or fondue!). Try pairing with a robust ale, plummy red wine, or onion jam. For a satisfying and novel meal, follow the lead of Swiss/French raclette — melt onto a plate of fingerling potatoes, cured meat and natural sour pickles. (from Cellars at Jasper Hill)
- Contains Milk
Raw Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Rennet.
Cellars at Jasper Hill Alpha Tolman
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Uplands CheesePleasant Ridge Reserve$27.99/lb
- Raw Milk Hornbacher, 1-Year Aged$24.99/lb
15%BeemsterFarmers' Choice Gouda, 6 Month$10.99/lb
6%Grady'sCold Brew Coffee Concentrate, Cartons3ct, 168fl oz ea$112.99/cs
- La Casearia CarpenedoPerlagrigia Sotto Cenere al Tartufo$29.99/lb
- Beaufort d'Été AOP$29.99/lb
- Brie De Meaux Rouzaire$19.99/lb
6%Cellars at Jasper HillWilloughbyapprox. 8oz$13.99/ea
- Boar's HeadTop Round Pastrami$13.99/lb
- Essex St. Cheese Co.L'amuse Signature Gouda, Aged 2 Years$28.99/lb
- LaClare FarmsCave Aged Chandoka Mixed Milk Cheddar (Cow/Goat)$28.99/lb