- DescriptionCheese 101Learn the essentials — from buying to serving
True to style, Alpha curds are cooked and pressed to achieve a tight, elastic texture and robust, complex flavors. Young wheels are washed with a cultured brine to cultivate a natural rind that lends an authentic, funky depth of character. Mature wheels are bold and meaty with amplified butter and caramelized onion flavors carried by a rich and crystalline texture.
The texture, aesthetic, and flavor make Alpha Tolman an ideal choice for fans of Appenzeller (or fondue!). Try pairing with a robust ale, plummy red wine, or onion jam. For a satisfying and novel meal, follow the lead of Swiss/French raclette — melt onto a plate of fingerling potatoes, cured meat and natural sour pickles. (from Cellars at Jasper Hill)
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Raw Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Rennet.
- More Information
Cellars at Jasper Hill Alpha Tolman
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Beaufort d'Été AOP0.25lb | $29.99/lb$7.50
- Urchrüter0.25lb | $21.99/lb$5.50
- Fontina Aosta DOP0.25lb | $18.99/lb$4.75
- ApplegateOrganic Uncured Turkey Hot Dogs6ct, 10oz$7.99/ea($12.78/lb)
- FreshDirectAll-Natural Dry-Rubbed Pork Slab Bacon, Raised w/o Antibiotics0.50lb | $12.99/lb$6.50
- Danjou Pearapprox. 0.5lb$1.29/ea
- Organic Fuji Apples4ct$6.99/eaabout $3.50/lb
- GAEAOlive Snack, Pitted Kalamata Olives2.3oz$2.59/ea($1.80/lb)
- KashiOriginal 7 Grain Crackers9oz$3.69/ea($6.59/lb)
- FreshDirectProsciutto di Parma Reserve, 18-Month Aged0.25lb | $24.99/lb$6.25
38%Bartlett Pearapprox. 0.5lb$0.99/ea
$1.295 for $4
- Organic Granny Smith Apples4ct$5.99/eaabout $3.00/lb