This type of coffee originates from a small farm called La Amistad. The La Amistad farm is located above 1200 meters near the border between Costa Rica and Panama, in the Talamanca Mountain Range on the border of La Amistad International Park. The farm has been family-run for generations and the family has kept much of the 20,000+ acres as a natural forest/conservation area. The estate is also one of the largest private nature reserves in Central America. La Amistad is home to hundreds of wildlife species that inhabit the surrounding rainforest.
The farm is mainly self-sufficient. The fresh and clean streams from the rainforest supply the water for washing the coffee as well as generating power to run the milling machinery on site. The plants and earthworms break down the waste from the animals, cherry pulp, ashes, and leaves to create a rich and organic fertilizer. The word Amistad translates to friendship; La Amistad farm is appropriately named as it is truly a friend to biodiversity. (from the vendor)
Like That? You'll Love This.
- MorrisonsMarble Crunch Muffins4ct, 3.5oz ea$6.99/ea($7.99/lb)
- Fresh Cubed Honeydew Melonapprox. 8oz$2.99/ea
- DannonDanimals Smoothie, Strawberry Explosion6ct, 3.1oz ea$3.29/ea($2.84/lb)
- FreshDirectBanana Bread1.3lbs$5.99/ea($5.99/ct)
- Fresh Berry Medleyapprox. 8oz
- DannonDanimals Smoothie, Rockin' Raspberry6ct, 3.1oz ea$2.99/ea($2.58/lb)