Skyr is the traditional yogurt of Iceland. It is made by incubating skim milk with live active cultures. The whey, the water naturally found in milk, is then strained away to make for a much thicker, creamier, concentrated yogurt. So to make just one cup of skyr, with all that water going out, you need four times the amount of milk required to make a regular cup of yogurt. As a result of this process skyr comes out with two to three times the protein count of standard yogurt.
At Siggi's, we make delicious yogurt products with not a lot of sugar and simple ingredients. Our products are based on Scandinavian dairy traditions, such as skyr, the traditional Icelandic yogurt. Our products don't contain any of those dreadful artificial sweeteners. We only use milk from farmers who do not use growth hormones such as rBGH. (from Siggi's)
- All Natural
- Hormone Free
- Gluten Free
- No Artificial Color
- No Preservatives
- Contains Milk
Pasteurized Skim Milk, Blueberries, Cane Sugar, Fruit Pectin, Live Active Cultures. Live Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp, Bulgaricus, B. Lactis, L. Acidophilus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Lactis.
Siggi's Skyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Blueberry
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Strawberry5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
22%Hass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2ct, approx. 1lb$4.49/ea2 for $7
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Vanilla5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- FageTOTAL 2% Greek Yogurt with Blueberry5.3oz$1.69/ea($5.10/lb)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Plain5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- FageTOTAL 0% Greek Yogurt, Plain6oz$1.69/ea($4.51/lb)
- Organic ValleyHalf & Half1 quart$5.69/ea($2.85/pt)
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct, 2-3lb$1.89/ea
- Clementines15-20ct, approx. 3lb bag$7.99/ea
- FageTOTAL 2% Greek Yogurt with Peach5.3oz$1.69/ea($5.10/lb)
- OrbitPeppermint Gum3ct, 14pcs ea$3.99/ea($0.10/ct)