Skyr is the traditional yogurt of Iceland. It is made by incubating skim milk with live active cultures. The whey, the water naturally found in milk, is then strained away to make for a much thicker, creamier, concentrated yogurt. So to make just one cup of skyr, with all that water going out, you need four times the amount of milk required to make a regular cup of yogurt. As a result of this process skyr comes out with two to three times the protein count of standard yogurt.
At Siggi's, we make delicious yogurt products with not a lot of sugar and simple ingredients. Our products are based on Scandinavian dairy traditions, such as skyr, the traditional Icelandic yogurt. Our products don't contain any of those dreadful artificial sweeteners. We only use milk from farmers who do not use growth hormones such as rBGH. (from Siggi's)
- No Preservatives
- Hormone Free
- No Sugar Added
- RBST Free
- No Artificial Color
- Contains Milk
Pasteurized Skim Milk, Live Active Cultures: B. lactis, L. acidophilus, L. delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, L. delbrueckii subsp. lactis, S. thermophilus.
Siggi's Skyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Plain
Like That? You'll Love This.
$3.992 for $6
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Vanilla5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Blueberry5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct, 2-3lb$1.89/ea
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Orange and Ginger5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- Grady'sAll Natural Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate, Glass Bottle32fl oz$11.49/ea($5.75/pt)
- Hass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2ct, approx. 0.5lb$3.99/ea
- Clementines15-20ct, approx. 3lb bag$7.99/ea
6%Just FreshDirectDry-Roasted, Salted Pistachios Snack Packs10ct, 1oz ea$14.99/eaAny 2 Snack Packs for $28($23.98/lb)
- RainierOrganic Honeycrisp Apples4ct, approx. 0.5lb$9.99/eaabout $5.00/lb
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Strawberry5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- SilkPureAlmond All-Natural Almond Milk, Unsweetened, Carton64fl oz$3.99/ea($1.00/pt)