Skyr is the traditional yogurt of Iceland. It is made by incubating skim milk with live active cultures. The whey, the water naturally found in milk, is then strained away to make for a much thicker, creamier, concentrated yogurt. So to make just one cup of skyr, with all that water going out, you need four times the amount of milk required to make a regular cup of yogurt. As a result of this process skyr comes out with two to three times the protein count of standard yogurt.
At Siggi's, we make delicious yogurt products with not a lot of sugar and simple ingredients. Our products are based on Scandinavian dairy traditions, such as skyr, the traditional Icelandic yogurt. Our products don't contain any of those dreadful artificial sweeteners. We only use milk from farmers who do not use growth hormones such as rBGH. (from Siggi's)
- RBST Free
- Hormone Free
- No Preservatives
- No Artificial Color
- No Sugar Added
- Contains Milk Ingredients
Pasteurized Skim Milk, Live Active Cultures: B. Lactis, L. Acidophilus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Lactis, S. Thermophilus.
Siggi's Skyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Plain
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Early BirdGranola Bar, Peanut Butter2oz$3.29/ea($26.32/lb)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Blueberry5.3oz$1.99/ea($6.03/lb)
6%Clementines15-20ct, approx. 3lb bag$7.99/ea2 for $15
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach5.3oz$1.99/ea($6.01/lb)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Vanilla5.3oz$1.99/ea($6.03/lb)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Strawberry5.3oz$1.99/ea($6.03/lb)
12%Driscoll'sBlackberriesapprox. 6oz$3.99/eaAny 2 Berries for $7
12%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2pk$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Orange and Ginger5.3oz$1.99/ea($6.03/lb)
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct$1.79/ea
- FageTOTAL 0% Plain Greek Yogurt6oz (170g)$1.69/ea($4.45/lb)
- Organic ValleyMozzarella Stringles6ct, 1oz ea$6.99/ea($18.39/lb)