Skyr is the traditional yogurt of Iceland. It is made by incubating skim milk with live active cultures. The whey, the water naturally found in milk, is then strained away to make for a much thicker, creamier, concentrated yogurt. So to make just one cup of skyr, with all that water going out, you need four times the amount of milk required to make a regular cup of yogurt. As a result of this process skyr comes out with two to three times the protein count of standard yogurt.
At Siggi's, we make delicious yogurt products with not a lot of sugar and simple ingredients. Our products are based on Scandinavian dairy traditions, such as skyr, the traditional Icelandic yogurt. Our products don't contain any of those dreadful artificial sweeteners. We only use milk from farmers who do not use growth hormones such as rBGH. (from Siggi's)
- Fat Free
- Hormone Free
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Preservatives
- RBST Free
- Contains Milk
Pasteurized Skim Milk, Organic Agave Nectar, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Live Active Cultures. Live Cultures: B. Lactis, L. Acidophilus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus, L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Lactis, S. Thermophilus.
Siggi's Skyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Vanilla
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Preserves, Apricot11oz$3.99/ea($5.80/lb)
- Food For Life7 Sprouted Grains English Muffins, Frozen6ct, 2.6oz ea$5.99/ea($0.37/oz)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Strawberry5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.99/ea
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct, 2-3lb$1.89/ea
- Organic ValleyHalf & Half1 quart$5.29/ea($2.65/pt)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Blueberry5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- Driscoll'sOrganic Strawberriesapprox. 16oz$7.99/ea
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Plain5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- Siggi'sSkyr Icelandic-Style Strained Non-Fat Yogurt, Orange and Ginger5.3oz$1.79/ea($5.40/lb)
- Clementines15-20ct, approx. 3lb bag$7.99/ea
$3.992 for $6