- DescriptionIf full-sized eggplants carried around family pictures, these very mild, slightly chewy, and earthy babies would surely be in their wallets. Traditionally grown and cooked in Italy, these greenhouse grown eggplants have pale flesh that is even creamier and smoother than that of their larger cousins. No need to peel, because the nutritious skin is super-tender.
- More Information
Eggplant is tropical in origin, so it does not agree well with extreme cold. For this reason, a whole eggplant will last better and longer out of the refrigerator but in a cool place 50 degrees is ideal. On the countertop, eggplant should keep for about 3 days. If storing cut eggplant, wrap in plastic and place in the least cool section of the refrigerator.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 makes 1 to 2 servings
- Explanatory Information
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Just FreshDirectUnfiltered Olio Novello 2018 Harvest33.8fl oz$24.99/ea($11.84/pt)
- Just FreshDirectExtra-Virgin Olive Oil, Mediterranean Blend33.8fl oz$10.99/ea($5.16/pt)
- Yellow Zucchini$2.49/lb
- Cilantroapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
33%Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.49/ea2 for $2
19%Lemons$0.99/ea5 for $4
16%Greenhouse Cucumberapprox. 12oz$2.69/ea
$2.992 for $5
- Tomatoes on the Vine$3.49/lb
- Red Greenhouse Bell Pepper$4.99/lb
- Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$5.99/ea
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb