- DescriptionLush and creamy, with a mild, earthy flavor, eggplant has the most velvety texture in the vegetable family. It's high in healthy fiber. We love it sliced, brushed with olive oil and salt, and grilled or roasted. We also love it breaded, fried, and smothered in fried onions. Come to think of it, we just plain love it.
- More Information
Eggplant is tropical in origin, so it does not agree well with extreme cold. For this reason, a whole eggplant will last better and longer out of the refrigerator but in a cool place 50 degrees is ideal. On the countertop, eggplant should keep for about 3 days. If storing cut eggplant, wrap in plastic and place in the least cool section of the refrigerator.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 makes about 4 servings
- Explanatory Information
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Green Bell Pepper$2.99/lb
- Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$3.49/ea
19%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocado$2.49/ea2 for $4
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
- Tomatoes on the Vine$3.49/lb
10%White Button Mushrooms, Packagedapprox. 10oz$2.79/ea2 for $5
19%Lemons$0.99/ea5 for $4
- Yellow Zucchini$2.49/lb
- Ocean Mist FarmsJumbo White Cauliflowerapprox. 2.5lb$5.99/ea
24%Green Cucumberapprox. 7oz$0.79/ea
$0.994 for $3