Hudson Valley Harvest vegetables are grown in Hudson Valley, NY. They're harvested at their peak quality and are immediately frozen in small batches. They're not trucked across the country or flown across the globe, and they don't wait weeks to be frozen. Our flash-freezing techniques ensure that you are receiving all the nutrients contained in the produce at the moment it's picked.
Hudson Valley Harvest works with a small group of farmers dedicated to bringing you the best local produce. All of our vegetables are freshly grown by the following family farms:
- Altobelli Farm; Kinderhook, NY
- Black Horse Farms; Coxsackie, NY
- Bradley Farm; New Paltz, NY
- Davenport Farm; Stone Ridge, NY
- George's Farm; Menands, NY
- Hepworth Farms; Milton, NY
- Markristo Farm; Hillsdale, NY
- Stoneledge Farm; South Cairo, NY
- Shaul Farms; Middleburgh, NY
- Taliaferro Farms; New Paltz, NY
(from Hudson Valley Harvest)
CORN & CUCUMBERSStoring Corn
Try to use corn as soon as possible after purchase; but if you can't, it should keep for 1 or 2 days in the refrigerator.
If you like corn off the cob, you can slice the uncooked kernels off the ear and freeze them in an airtight container for up to 6 months. This is a great way to stretch the taste of summer far into the fall.
Refrigerating cucumbers extends their life for about a week, especially if you store them unwashed and loosely wrapped in a plastic bag. If possible, try to use them right away it's the bursting juiciness of crisp cukes that makes them so special.