- DescriptionIf you have an office, classroom, soccer team or book club to feed, then this is the pick for you. To ensure the highest fruit quality, the pears in the pack will change throughout the season, but you'll always get a variety of the most delicious pears we have to offer. Possibilities include Anjou, Bartlett, Bosc, Comice and Forelle.Origin
USASeasonPeak Season: Varies
- More Information
To ripen pears, store them at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. Since these fruits become more fragile as they ripen, try to store them loosely in a bowl or on a plate. When ripe, most pears will give slightly when pressed gently near the stem. Some pears, like Bartlett, turn from green to yellow and produce a fragrance as they ripen.
Storing Ripe Pears
Once a pear hits its peak ripeness, transfer it to the refrigerator crisper and eat within a few days.
Storing Asian Pears
Asian pears will remain quite firm when they are ripe, so the key to determining if they are ready to eat is aroma: a ripe Asian pear will be quite fragrant. If they are unblemished, most Asian pears should keep in the refrigerator crisper for up to 2 months. Wrap each pear in paper towels to protect it, and place in a perforated plastic bag.
- Explanatory Information
Best In Season Pears, Case
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Gala Apples, Case80-88ct$69.99/ea
10%Tuscan Dairy FarmsDairy Pure Whole Milk, Plastic Bottles1 quart, 16ct$21.49/cs
- Honeycrisp Apples, Case50-56ct$99.99/ea
21%Blackberries, Case12ct, approx. 6oz ea$37.79/cs
- Yellow Bananas, Case80-100ct, approx. 40lb$26.99/ea
- Clementines, Case100-120ct$64.99/ea
- Granny Smith Apples, Case80-88ct$79.99/ea
- Navel Oranges, Case48-56ct$69.99/ea
20%Red Grapefruit, Case36ct$39.99/ea
- Red Seedless Grapes, Caseapprox. 18-19lb$69.99/ea
8%Tuscan Dairy FarmsHalf & Half12ct, 1 quart ea$34.99/cs
- Cara Cara Oranges, Case48-56ct$69.99/ea