Yellowfin, with its smooth, dense, mild meat — very buttery and rich — is the most popular of tunas. These tuna are a bright medium red — darker than albacore but lighter than bigeye. Yellowfin steak has a wonderful, slightly chewy, meaty texture, and is good grilled, broiled, or roasted. But it's best just seared and served rare.
For best results, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before preparing according to your favorite method.
Wild Yellowfin Tuna Steak
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsLa Vieille Ferme Rosé750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
- Family Tree FarmsJumbo Ultra-Premium Blueberriesapprox. 9.8oz$7.99/ea
20%Local Dry Sea Scallops$19.99/lb
17%Matahiwi Estate Sauvignon Blanc750ml$16.99/eaAny 6 Select wines for $84($22.65/l)
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct$1.89/ea
- S & BPrepared Wasabi1.52fl oz$4.99/ea($52.53/pt)
$3.992 for $5
15%Limes$0.59/ea4 for $2
10%Lemons$0.89/ea5 for $4
- Wild Alaskan Black Cod Fillet$27.99/lb
- Ocean Mist FarmsBrussels Sproutsapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
- Wild Cod Fillet$15.99/lb