- DescriptionCollards have a mild, earthy taste and a nice chewiness. They are a main ingredient in soul food and Southern cooking. These robust veggies stand up well to long heat and the powerhouse flavors of smoked meats and hot peppers, and like all chard varieties, it's an excellent source of vitamin C and the antioxidant beta carotene (a pre-cursor for vitamin A) as well as a good source of potassium and magnesium.Claims
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 bunch makes about 4 servings
- Explanatory Information
Organic Collard Greens
19%Avocados from MexicoOrganic Hass Avocado$2.49/ea2 for $4
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.49/ea
- Organic Cilantroapprox. 4oz$2.29/ea
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Lacinato Kaleapprox. 0.7lb$1.99/ea
12%Organic Celeryapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Organic Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.49/ea
3%Organic Lemons$1.29/ea4 for $5
12%Organic Broccoliapprox. 1lb bunch$3.99/ea2 for $7
- Organic Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.79/ea
- Organic Scallionsapprox. 3oz$1.99/ea
- Smoked Ham Hock0.74lb | $2.79/lb$2.08
- Organic Garnet Yams$2.49/lb