- DescriptionKale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bittter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamins A and C. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.Superveggies contain nutrients that contribute to heart health. Learn More.
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 bunch makes about 4 servings
- Ocean Mist FarmsBrussels Sproutsapprox. 1lb$3.99/ea
16%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocado$1.79/ea2 for $3
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.49/ea
28%Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$2.99/ea
$3.492 for $5
25%Avocados from MexicoHass Avocados, Ready-to-Eat2pk$3.49/ea
$3.992 for $6
- Organic Jewel Yam$2.49/lb
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Jumbo Carrots$1.69/lb
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$2.49/ea
- Organic Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.49/ea
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$1.99/ea
- Organic Collard Greensbunch$2.99/ea