- DescriptionShowier than its green cousin, this beautiful chard has ruby-red ribs and veins and a briny, sweet, beetlike taste. Its juicy ribs and robust, crinkled leaves stand up well to extended cooking. Try this chard as a layer in lasagna for color and texture. Red chard is sometimes called "rhubarb chard" in cookbooks, and like all chard varieties, it's an excellent source of vitamin C and the antioxidant beta carotene (a pre-cursor for vitamin A) as well as a good source of potassium and magnesium.Superveggies contain nutrients that contribute to heart health. Learn More.
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Organic Red Swiss Chard
- Organic Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.99/eaAny 2 Organic beets for $5.00
- Organic Celeryapprox. 1lb$2.99/ea
- Organic Cauliflowerapprox. 1.5lb$3.99/ea
$4.992 for $7
- Organic Spinachapprox. 6oz$2.49/ea
$2.992 for $4
- $1.29/ea4 for $5
- $5.99/eaabout $3.00/lb
- Organic Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$2.29/ea
- Organic Broccoliapprox. 1lb bunch$3.99/ea2 for $7
- $2.49/ea2 for $4
- Organic Cremini Mushrooms, Packagedapprox. 8oz$3.99/ea