- DescriptionFresh spinach has a clean, crisp taste with a light sharpness that fits beautifully in rich dishes made with eggs and cheeses. Use it in soups, omelets, salads and frittatas. Sauté it. Steam it. Braise it. Spinach shrinks dramatically when you cook it. A large panful reduces to a small lump.
Please Note: Spinach is grown in sandy soil and may arrive with some grit. Don't forget to wash it carefully!Superveggies contain nutrients that contribute to heart health. Learn More.BrandOcean Mist Farms
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Serving Suggestion
How much should I buy?1 bunch makes about 2 servings
- Explanatory Information
Ocean Mist Farms Spinach
- Avocados from MexicoHass Avocado$2.49/ea
14%Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$3.49/ea2 for $6
- Ocean Mist FarmsCeleryapprox. 1lb$1.99/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsScallionsapprox. 5.5oz$1.69/ea
- Red Bell Pepper, Large$2.99/lb
$3.992 for $7
15%Lemons$0.89/ea4 for $3
- Green Bell Pepper$1.99/lb
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
- Cilantroapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
16%Asparagusapprox. 1lb$5.99/ea2 for $10